I made this cake for my Dad’s birthday and it was a huge hit!
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Oil (Olive or Coconut)
- 6 T of Pure Maple Syrup (or Raw Honey)
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 6 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Mix all ingredients except egg whites and Cream of Tartar and set aside.
- Whip egg whites and Cream of Tartar with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold batter into egg whites until well incorporated.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into two greased 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake cakes at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool and remove from pans.
- Frost cakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (Cream Cheese, Confectioner’s Sugar, Lemon Extract, and Yellow Food Coloring – optional).